Current pricing is available in the pricing binder at the store. For stock orders updating or pricing new products, please follow the directions below.
ALL costs should be accounted for when calculating the retail price, these could include:
- HST on certain Speerville and pre-pacages items (non-food, and snack food)
- Bottle deposits on Propeller Sodas and Down East containers
- Delivery/shipping/freight charges
Retail Markup - 2 Options
1. Pre-packaged Items:
UNIT COST (including any shipping, HST and/or deposit) X 1.3 + Add-On
- $0.25 - Standard mark up for general items
- $0.50 - Freezer items
- $0.75 - Refrigerator items (excluding Propeller sodas)
- $1.00 - Breads and other high risk items which are likely to be marked down
2. Bulk Bagged items (Speerville, Prana and other):
UNIT COST (including any shipping, HST and/or deposit) X 1.4 + $0.70/bag
3. Bulk Pre-order Markup
UNIT COST (including any shipping, HST and/or deposit) X 1.20 + $1.00
This is the formula for orders of bulk product (usually Speerville) in the original bags.
If the bulk order involves opening the package and bagging a specific amount for a pre-order customer (as 2kg of black beans), the price to the customer is calculated as follows:
UNIT COST (including any shipping, HST and/or deposit) X 1.20 + $2.00
For pre-order of packaged items (like nut butters) the formula would be the same, but to a maximum of the usual community price.
NOTE: All pre-order prices should be listed on the pre-order sheet at COMMUNITY PRICES and members receive their usual discount at payment.
4. Bulk Refill Markup
To be determined by the Stoc and Finance Directors