As a not-for-profit, 100% volunteer-run organization, we are so grateful to everyone in our community who makes The Grainery possible! We’re always looking for more volunteers to support the work that we do. There are a wide range of different roles that you can help out with depending on your interests, skill set, and availability.
When you volunteer regularly (at least 6 hours per month) you can become a member of The Grainery. Members receive a 15% discount on all of the food that we sell, as a token of our appreciation. All members are invited to attend monthly meetings and participate in collective decision making to help sustain and shape the course of The Grainery.
Examples of volunteer roles include:
- Working in the store to assist customers with their purchases
- Portioning food into jars for deliveries to the Market
- Managing the store’s inventory
- Doing community outreach through social media and other avenues
- Preparing pre-orders for pick-up
- Receiving deliveries from our suppliers
- Creating recipes to share on our website
- Cleaning the store space
- Organizing food-focused workshops and community events
- Assisting with budgeting and finances
Please get in touch with us and we’ll let you know which volunteer roles we’re currently looking to fill. If none of the current opportunities feel like the right fit, we’ll be more than happy to work with you to find a role that you’re passionate about.
Are you passionate about food security?
Do you want to be a part of a diverse community and meet new friends?
Are you interested in creating alternatives to capitalism?
Do you want a volunteer role where you can take initiative and have your voice heard?
Are you a foodie who just loves to cook and eat great food?
There are so many great reasons to volunteer with The Grainery,
and we can’t wait to welcome you into our community!